We seek to serve by:
Supporting primary school age children as they grow in their knowledge and understanding of Christianity within the school day
Providing high quality and creative resources to communicate to children in a contemporary and accessible way
Why we do what we do:
- We want every generation to have the opportunity to make an informed choice about the Christian message
- We hope that each child will see that Christianity is relevant and that it can make a difference to their lives.
- We hope that each child will receive a positive image of the Christian faith
- We hope that each child will grow and flourish through the values and stories of the Christian faith
- We aspire to provide space for Christian stories and values to be explored and encountered by all children, and the wider school community, through collective worship.
- We seek to have a positive relational role in the school community by providing space in regular clubs. Here we hope children can be encouraged to connect with the relevance of Christianity in their lives, the lives of other people, and in the wider community and world.
- We welcome the space to communicate to churches the vision of the Trust and to raise awareness of the opportunities we have in schools
- We strive to enthuse, encourage, equip and nurture volunteers to work within the Trust by providing excellent training and support.
- We wish to work in partnership with schools, churches and other children’s work organisations who serve in Grantham and surrounding areas – so that all children may have the opportunity to flourish through the values and stories of Christianity.
Jennie originally trained as a children's and young person nurse and then later, as a post-graduate, studied theology related to children's and youth work.
Jennie has been actively working with children and young people in many settings over the last 25 years before joining us at LightSpace.
In recent years Jennie has focussed on the mentoring and training of individuals and organisations to develop their understanding and skills in working with children as well as being fully involved herself.
Jennie attends Harrowby Lane Methodist Church.
LightSpace is run by a team of Trustees under the charity Grantham Christian Ministries.
Jacqui has been Chair of Trustees since July 2019. Jacqui is a member of and on the leadership team of Harrowby Lane Methodist Church in Grantham. She is a business coach and trainer on both coaching and strategy, runs her own business and has many years experience of working in large industrial companies as a Control Engineer.